Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Evolution of the Centerpieces

Along this whole wedding planning process I've been blazing my own trail and completing tasks at my own pace. I find that I am getting a lot of things done way ahead of schedule and other things (that are seemingly less interesting and/or more stressful) are being put off and forgotten about. One thing that I'm really excited about it making my own centerpieces. So while I still have not booked a florist, scheduled our cake tasting or found a seamstress to fit my dress (holy crap these things NEED TO BE DONE), I have been busy playing around with centerpiece ideas.

Our wedding is in January and I wanted it to feel like a winter wedding. In looking around online I found several pictures of centerpieces using bare branches instead of flowers, which I loved. Here are a few pictures that have inspired me:




I also had bought a crap ton of white birch candles that I wanted to somehow work into the mix.  Our linens are black and formal-looking, so I am still figuring out how to mix in the branches and wood while making everything appear formal and not "too rustic" or out of place. 

So here is just a sample of the crap I've been buying (and returning and buying again....this wedding is making me crazy)




And this is where the centrepieces started:


So I wasn't thrilled about them, and then I found white birch-ish looking branches at Michaels yesterday (on sale!)  So I returned the darker branches and now our centerpieces are looking more like this:

They still aren't done, but what I think I am going to do is find crystals (either clear or aqua) to hang on the branches.  I am also going to use these babies somehow (because I bought 904809843 of them and just think they are so darn adorable)


Part of me hates all of the planning that is going into this wedding and part of me thinks I'll miss it when it's all over. 

No comments:

Post a Comment