Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kansas City!

This week has been the best birthday week ever!  J and I have birthdays just a few days apart and for whatever reason never seem to spend our special day together.  Literally, in 5 years we have celebrated our birthdays together ONE TIME.  So last Thursday I was chatting with him on my way into work and we both realized we were off that weekend.  This seriously never happens lately so we kind of joked about me flying out the next day but left it at that; a joke

I went about my night at work and J texted me later that next day flights on Southwest would set us back nearly $900.  So that was that.  I forgot about it and went about my day (night) at work.  The next morning when I was driving home from work I couldn't stop thinking about the possibility of being able to visit J.  It was almost our birthday week and we hadn't gotten presents for each other yet.  I texted J (who was already at work) and asked if we should just do it and consider it our birthday gift to each other.  He was on board and I also realized I still had a $100 Southwest gift card to use up.  So I booked my flight and flew to Kansas City that afternoon!  The flight was totally full so it was somewhat of a miracle that I was able to purchase the last direct flight in Kansas City that day just 9 hours before I flew out!






Kansas City was actually a really fun place to visit.  There is a possibility we may move there next year, so it was fun exploring the area and contemplating where we may like to live someday.


We hadn't seen each other in 2 months!!  Best impromptu vacation ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment