Monday, July 4, 2011

A sad day to be a nurse


The world lost a very special little girl last night.  I had the pleasure of taking care of her for nearly 9 months while she was in the hospital and got to know her family very well during that time.  They are truly the most kind and loving people and they took such great care of her.  She was only able to be home with them for a couple of weeks but I feel so fortunate that they were able to have that time with her. 

This little lady challenged me.  I was nervous caring for her in the beginning.  She was significantly premature and was born with multiple medical problems.  We had many scary nights together where I worried if she was going to make it through, but each time she would bounce back and get a little bit stronger.  Nothing was ever easy for her and in her short little life she underwent numerous major surgeries and setbacks.  Despite all of this, she was such a sweet little girl and always had a smile on her face.  I feel like I am a better nurse after having taken care of her.

My heart hurts for her family and for everything they have gone through in this past year.  Please keep them in your prayers.  Rest in peace Miss Katie, you are so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment