Wednesday, June 29, 2011

It's what's for dinner...


This is what you wear when it's balls hot (108.  Kill me.)  I think I left my hair down for approximately 25 seconds after leaving the house and likely broke a sweat by the time I got to my car.


I scheduled a second tasting at our reception venue which I went to yesterday. The first time around the red meat option was just ok and to be honest, we weren't that thrilled about it. We had already selected Chilean sea bass and chicken piccata as our other entrees, and were still trying to figure out what to do about a beef option.

So I went to the tasting yesterday by myself since Jonathon is out of town (it's been a month now!) This older man was hanging out in the bar area and as they served me two giant pieces of meat, he felt the need comment on the large amount of food being served to just myself. He literally asked why I was alone, stating "havent you seen that movie Bridesmaids? Shouldnt your girlfriends be here with you? Is all that food for you?" (Um, yes, I saw the movie, and why yes I do infact plan to chow down on these two large pieces of beef. By myself. Jeez.)

I tasted the filet and also a NY steak.  They were both really good and I had a hard time making a decision.  I wound up choosing the filet since it's a little fancier and we are having a formal plated dinner.  It had this red wine demi glaze drizzled on the plate with some other green sauce dotted around the rim.  Basically, it was just prettier.  If I had thought of it at the time, I wound have taken pictures there.  Instead, they gave me the leftovers to take home and after rolling around in my car for 20 minutes, this is what they looked like (in a much less classy styrofoam take out container)

Filet - (it won't really be cooked this rare)



NY steak - (I realize it looks nasty and bloody, but that's the red wine sauce that accumulated in the box.  It's more appetizing in person, I swear)

No comments:

Post a Comment