Saturday, June 18, 2011

I love weddings! (even when they aren't mine :)

Exciting news: one of my dearest friends is engaged! She is moving to Florida in July and they are getting married before they leave! So needless to say, I am happy to put my planning on hold to help her with her wedding (which is in TWO weeks!) I'm really excited to be in her wedding, as she will be in mine in January. She wants her bridesmaids in red and is really laid back about letting us choose our own dresses.

At first I was a little nervous about the color. It's not that I don't like red, I just down own anything red. I went shopping this afternoon and was so confused. Who knew there were so many shades of red? I have never worn a red dress in my life and had a hard time choosing between reddish-coral, orange-red, and red/almost pink shades. I purchased two dresses. One is very casual and more conservative. The other one I love but it's a little more sexy and I wasn't convinced it would be appropriate for the occasion (her family is Mormon and while they aren't doing a church wedding, I dont want to look like a ho in a room full of more conservative people!)

Dress #1




Dress #2



I emailed her the pictures and am waiting to see what she likes. I'm crossing my fingers she approves of dress #2!

No comments:

Post a Comment