Sunday, June 5, 2011

"to see you when I wake up, is a gift, I didn't think could be real..."

Today is better than yesterday. I am keeping busy and making goals for myself. I made a list of things that I want to accomplish/can do when I am bored and am anxious to start checking things off. I am trying to look at the next 4 months as "me time" and in exploring this idea I have come to realize I may never have time like this again. I have 4 months of living alone, no one to answer to or base my routine around. No one to share date nights with. No one to remind me of everything I tend to forget to do when left to my own devices. And while I certainly don't LIKE this, I am trying to regain some independence and remember what it was like to live the single life and not have a partner helping me out and doing his share to keep everything in order at home.

After only 2 days, I am already seeing how much Jonathon adds to my life and that really, we have created a life together. A great life. In addition, I am once again left to take out the trash and clean the bathroom - 2 chores that I despise! Once he is home, we will be married and likely never have extended time apart again (hopefully). We also are looking forward to starting a family, which only further reinforces the point about using this time for just me because this is likely the only time that I will solely be responsible for myself.

So what have I been up to? Lots of girly things! I went shopping (retail therapy 2x and its only day 2...not good!) and have been working out a lot. I also rented a girly movie last night and watched last week's episode of The Bachelorette (Bentley is obnoxious by the way). I also went to church by myself today for the first time in a very long time. I felt like mass was just for me, as the homily was all about patience and how we are a society that demands instant gratification yet we forget that God has a plan and is always with us.

I am not sure what tomorrow brings but I am going to try and enjoy it and accomplish something, no matter how big or small. I need to get past this mindset of counting down days and wishing them away. I know I am going to be ok on my own, I'm strong and I will be fine.

*This print is by Brian Andreas over at StoryPeople.com. His work is amazing and everyone (and their mother) should own at least one. Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment