Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Rings

Today is a shitty day so I thought to myself "hey rather than bitching, who don't you post about something fabulous and happy?"  Which leads me to my rings. 

J and I picked out my engagement ring together.  While I think this may be taboo to some couples, I had an idea of the type of setting I liked and wanted to be involved in the process.  J knows me well and always does a great job of picking out gifts for me, but he was open to choosing a ring together.  Last July we went ring shopping together and I fell in love with what later became my engagement ring.



We found this beauty at Ben Bridge.  It's a Scott Kay setting and we choose the diamond separately.  It was actually really fun looking through the microscope and seeing each individual diamond and evaluating its cut and clarity.  I loved how thin and delicate the band was and immediately knew that this was the one.  I found out later that J purchased the ring the next day although I had to wait until nearly Thanksgiving for the proposal!  Way to make a girl wait!

Soon after we got engaged I began looking at wedding bands which was a lot more work than I had anticipated.  I knew I wanted a thin band with diamonds, but finding one that matched my setting was kind of a nightmare.  Eventually I found a diamond eternity band that was thin enough to match but still had enough sparkle without taking away from my solitaire.



Love them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment