Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's a New Year!

It's a new year.  I can't believe 2012 is upon us!  For so long I have awaited the arrival of January, and here we are in our wedding month already!  To say I am overwhelmed would be an understatement but I am so excited to be married to J and I'm trying to keep that the focus and not get too hung up on the small stuff.  I do struggle with that though and know I tend to be a perfectionist and need for things to be a certain way.  I do see things coming together and am hopeful that all this hard work will pay off!

So in anticipation that this blog is very quickly going to be consumed by wedding craziness, I thought I'd take a few minutes to make some goals for 2012

This year I want to...
  • Live enthusiastically.  I want to go to work each day excited for the challenge and never take for granted what it means to be a nurse and the privilege it is to care for sick children
This is my nephew's excited face!  If I can adopt this attitude in the coming year, I think I will be in good shape!
  • Honor my (almost) husband and build a happy and healthy marriage. Also continue to have "date nights" as often as our schedules allow and attend church together each week.


  • Continue to define /redefine my fitness goals (that doesn't mean lose weight people!)



  • Care less what other people think.  I want to focus more on following my heart and less on being a people pleaser.


  • Wear more fun shoes (just because...)

No comments:

Post a Comment