Monday, January 16, 2012

Wedding Week!

Wow. It is officially our wedding week....we get married on FRIDAY! I can't even explain the stress and excitement of it all. Family has started to arrive and it's unreal.

Our programs are done and I'm pleased with how they turned out. Originally I was going to have them made. I found a vendor on Etsy that wound up not working out (because I'm pretty sure this girl was NOT legit and I wasn't about the send her $200...sometimes you just get the feeling that something isn't quite right). We did go to a local shop and learned that for what we wanted, our programs would cost around $250. We were fine with this, however I thought I could do it myself and have them exactly as I wanted (because I'm a control freak and all) and save money in the process.


I bought a kit of blank programs from Michaels along with a stamp for the cover and ribbon.  We typed up everything at home and had it printed at Kinko's for $100.  Then I assembled them myself, punching holes and adding ribbon.  It was a big undertaking, but we wound up saving about $100.



I picked up a couple of baskets at Michael's and that was that.  It took several hours to get everything together, but it was well worth the time.

3 comments:

  1. oooh my goodness gracious CONGRATULATIONS! i'm sure it felt like forever to get here but yay! the programs turned out great! i know what you mean...it's scary to be sending so much money to a random stranger! scary scary!

    you are going to be a beautiful bride stephanie!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are so excited!! It's pure chaos, but I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it. Thanks for commenting, I love seeing who reads this thing!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete