Friday, March 30, 2012

Redecorating

I'm not sure who decides to redecorate 2 months before moving, but I am in the process of re-doing our bedroom.  It all started when we got a fabulous new down comforter as a wedding gift.  We also received several gift cards which had been burning a hole in my pocket.  So here we are, 8 weeks before moving 2500 miles across the country, redecorating...

If it were completly up to me, I would have all white bedding.  I think it's so simple and elegant...however not realistic since we plan on having kids at some point in the next couple of years.  I found a gray duvet cover and decided on a teal and gray cover scheme. 







At this point, I am only purchasing new bedding.  I found these pillows at Pier One and fell in love with them (they actually are less blue/darker teal in person).  They are satin and SO fluffy and plush.  



We bought this DKNY duvet from Bed Bath and Beyond



I also would like to get a ruffled bed skirt at some point because I think they are girly and adorable.  Not sure how the husband will feel about this, we may need to do some convincing on that end!




Not sure how it's all going to come together yet, but I like the challenge and I can't wait to see how it turns out

No comments:

Post a Comment