Friday, November 25, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I worked Thanksgiving so J and I celebrated the holiday today. I got off work at 7:30 this morning and hit up Bed Bath and Beyond and Target for some deals. With the wedding quickly approaching, we decided to keep Christmas simple this year and not go all out with gifts. We decided to get a gift together this year for the both of us instead of exchanging gifts with each other, so my big Black Friday deal this year was a Keurig Coffeemaker. And it was marked down, with an additional 20% off I wound up saving $50! Not bad. Seeing that we both work long, crazy hours, this purchase is a big deal in our household!
While I was busy shopping sleeping, J cooked a huge meal just for the two of us. Turkey and everything. He is the best. I'll take cleanup duty over cooking any year.

My (only) contribution to our Thanksgiving meal...

hahaha

Yummy turkey

 
nom nom nom


And here's a visual reminder as to why I am NOT in charge of cooking the turkey (and why I cannot be trusted in the kitchen)

burnt.  and yet still raw inside.

 
The photo above was my 249248th attempt at Ina Garten's Engagement Chicken.  Needless to say, we dated 4 years prior to getting engaged...
So this year, aside from the holiday food and Black Friday deals, I have so much to be thankful for.

Family





My foxy hubby-to-be



My wonderful job




Among many many other things....

I am so blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh girl-- those turkey pictures had me drooling! YUM! Hopefully you guys had a lot of leftovers-- because the turkey sandwiches and turkey soup afterwards is the best!

    ReplyDelete