Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas Questions



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper! I love pretty packaging and I think it's more personal than throwing a gift in a bag. Unless said gift is awkwardly shaped. Then gift bags for sure.

2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real!! We haven't had a real tree since moving to Las Vegas, but next year we are treating ourselves to a real tree for sure! Our current tree has seen better days. It was on Walmart clearence if that's any indicator of its appeal. It's sexy.

3. When do you put up the tree?
Thanksgiving day! Always.

4. When do you take the tree down?
Christmas day (horrible, I know). That's what we did growing up, but I think our tradition will change when we have a family so we can enjoy the holiday a little bit longer.

5. Do you like eggnog?
I like the taste of it, but it's so heavy I never drink it. I do like egg nog flavored coffe though. We just got the holiday K cup pack and those are the best!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A dollhouse built by my grampa and decorated/designed by my grandma. They personalized every room and also bought a ton of furniture for it. It was so thoughtful. Also the year I got an American Girl doll (Samantha) that I had wanted forever. My mom gave me the doll, and my grandma gave me a trunk full of clothes that she had spent the past several months sewing for my doll. I still have all of these things and hope to someday pass them on to my little girl.

7. Hardest person to buy for?
J!!! He is the absolute worst.

8. Easiest person to buy for?
My soon to be sister in law. She's girly and fabulous and anything I want for myself, I know she will love. Also my niece because who doesn't like shopping for little girls?

9. Do you have a nativity scene?
No.

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail. Email is lame.

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Um...batteries. From my dad. Every year. No idea why but it became some sort of weird joke.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Love Actually, Home Alone and 4 Christmases

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Early. Whenever I'm out shopping and I see something that would be perfect for someone in particular, I pick it up. Even if it's July.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No way!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My grandma's baked brie. It's rolled in filo dough that's brushed with butter. And it will kill you.

16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)?
White lights. So classy.

17. Favorite Christmas song? “All I Want for Christmas is You” by Mariah Carey or anything off the Hanson Christmas album (ya, I went there...)

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Stay home! Although these days we are travelling and alternating to celebrate the holidays with each side of the family.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's?
Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, DonDer, Blitzen
*I stand corrected, I forgot Rodolph (thanks J :)

20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree?
Nothing at the moment because Walmart tress are incapable of supporting weight of any kind on the tip of its shitty branches. Just sayin.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Morning.

22. Favorite children's Christmas song?
Santa Baby. Which maybe isn't so child-appropriate after all?

23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
Crowded stores and traffic.

24. Favorite ornament theme or color?
White and gold. My mom started a completely impractical but fabulous tradition when we were younger of changing color schemes every year. This involves purchasing mass amounts of ornaments every. single. year. See? Impractical but awesome. (PS: next year is "my year" whoop whoop)

25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day?
Neither. My family has salmon. We're weird.

26. What do you want for Christmas this year?
Quiet time with family, 8 days off from work to spend with J, and snowflakes when we're in Seattle

27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa?
No!

28. Age you discovered who Santa was?
Wayyyy too old to admit on the internet.

29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider?
Hot chocolate.

30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors?
White and gold is my favorite right now.

31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof?
No.

32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key?
Haven't quite figured that out yet.

33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards?
Both.

34. Favorite children's Christmas Cartoon?
Charlie Brown Christmas (according to J)

No comments:

Post a Comment