Friday, December 16, 2011

Maui Baby

These past couple of days have been a little rough.  I had a colonoscopy this morning and rather than bore disgust you with the details of that (and how even under general anesthesia I woke up during the procedure and tried to get out of bed!) I thought I would take a mental vacation and discuss our honeymoon plans!

Growing up I had always dreamed of going to Hawaii.  J's parents honeymooned there and shortly after getting engaged we decided that we wanted to follow in their footsteps.  We have decided to stay in Maui at a fancy-shmancy resort.  Assuming that we will only be doing this once, a large portion of our wedding budget was spent on our dream honeymoon.






We will be staying here:




We already have a list of things we want to do, although topping that list is lounging at the pool, walking the beach, trying the various restaurants at the resort and frequent visits to the swim-up bar :)

It just so happens to be peak humpback mating season in January (in case you were wondering...) so we are really hoping to go on a whale watch while we are there

Although I will definitely pee in my pants if a whale comes this close!  Not ok!!

Another goal of mine is to visit a waterfall (and preferably stand underneath it and feel like a supermodel)



I heard about this place in Maui where you can swim with sea turtles!  How fun!


And of course since it is Hawaii after all, we have to go to a luau


In just 5 more weeks we will be married and on the vacation of our dreams!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment