Sunday, December 11, 2011

Party Win.

J and I went to a Christmas party the other night and I was having a hard time deciding what to bring.  I am not a huge fan of cooking but I wanted to bring something homemade.  I happened to stumble upon this recipe in O Magazine and it wound up being a hit.  I substituted sesame sticks for popcorn and added more pretzels than the recipe called for.  Super easy and a great party food.



Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 2 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. chili powder
  • 2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 2 tsp. onion powder
  • 3 Tbsp. honey
  • 3 cups cereal, such as Cheerios or shredded wheat
  • 1 cup mini pretzels
  • 10 cups popped popcorn (from ½ cup unpopped kernels; see "Popcorn Basics")
  • 1 cup unsalted peanuts
  • ¼ to ½ cup wasabi-coated dried peas (optional)

Directions

Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 60 minutes

Preheat oven to 250°. In a small bowl, whisk together 3 Tbsp. water, Worcestershire, salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and honey. In a large bowl, mix cereal, pretzels, popcorn, peanuts, and wasabi peas (if using), then pour spice blend over top and toss to coat.

Transfer to a large baking sheet and bake, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until mixture is barely dry, about 50 minutes. Let cool completely before serving.

2 comments:

  1. That looks yummy. I have to try it!
    Great blog.

    http://soyouthinkyoureugly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea. I hate all the requirements to bring something to each event invited to.
    Ann

    ReplyDelete