Sunday, May 13, 2012

A Day for Moms

My posting has been a little sparse as we have been SO BUSY packing our lives away.  In just 2 short weeks we will be PA residents.  My last night at work is quickly approaching (Wednesday!) and all of these changes = little time for blogging.

I couldn't, however, let today pass without acknowledging Mother's Day.  Both my mother and grandmother have played such a positive and important role in my life and honoring them for one day a year really doesn't do them justice.  These women showed me what it means to provide for your family.  My mom was a single mom, working as a teacher and raising 3 children.  She sacrificed a lot for her children and provided us with a wonderful life.




she's also a fabulous grandma :)

My grandmother is also a remarkable woman who deserves to be recognized on Mother's Day.  My grandfather made a good living and despite it being the 1950's, my grandmother chose to work full time in addition to being a mother and homemaker.  I have always looked up to her for being a hard worker and instilling that work ethic in me and my siblings.  She inspired me to pursue a career in nursing and for that I am forever grateful. 






At my nursing pinning in 2008 (my sister is about 9 months preggo here and may KILL me for posting this :)
So today, in honor of our mothers, grandmothers, and maternal figures in our lives that took time out of their busy lives to make us feel special and loved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment