Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Graduation

SO.  Guess what?  My husband graduated on Sunday and I am SO PROUD of him!!


Please ignore how awkward my shirt/boobs are in this picture.  No idea what was going on there :)





Proud parents

Hubby and my lovely SIL

Sometimes I struggle with expressing how proud of him I am.  I worry that people think I'm bragging about him being a medical student/physician.  And after being together for over 5 years, I still don't always know how to handle that.  People sometimes make comments to me about how I "don't HAVE to work" (um, yes I do!) or suggest that I found myself a "Dr. Husband" (as if that was intentional or something)  I find this offensive for two reasons.  The first being that I have a great deal of pride in the work that I do and I really feel that nursing is my calling.  I do it because I LOVE IT.  Secondly, people fail to realize we were together long before medical school was even applied to. 
I know the majority of people who make these comments either don't understand what it means to be a doctor (as in the debt that is incurred and the amount of time it takes to pay it off) or don't really matter in the first place.  And many times these things are said by people I love and not in a malicious context by any means.  I am just super sensitive to it so any suggestion that I live this charmed life which I don't have to contribute to, I get a little grumpy over it!

So anywho....
It was a really exciting weekend.  Jonathon's family flew out here to celebrate with us and we had a busy weekend of eating at yummy restaurants, playing around on the Strip and looking for celebrities (the Billboard Awards were being held here and we literally spent all weekend down town and saw NO ONE note worthy.  How disappointing.)












No comments:

Post a Comment