Friday, May 25, 2012

Goodbyes Are Hard

Can you spot The Strip in the background??

Tonight is our last night in our little place in Las Vegas.  The movers come in the morning and I am SO SAD.  4 years ago I never would have imagined this crazy city would feel like home.  It took some time to feel settled and like we fit, but somehow we found our niche and got comfortable here.  We made a little life for ourselves and accomplished so much both personally and professionally.  

IN THE PAST 4 YEARS:

Jonathon and I took a leap of faith, relocating from Pennsylvania to Nevada and also moving in together!

Before we knew anyone and relied on each other (and self-photos) for entertainment :)

First trip out to Vegas for apartment hunting/job interviews - 2008

My beloved grandfather passed away after a courageous battle with lung cancer



Our beautiful niece was born and I became a Godmother (and yes, I make her refer to me as Fairy Godmother because I think it's awesome)







I was baptised and confirmed in the Catholic Church


Pretend the date is correct and that I'm not wearing running clothes to church!

I spent 2 years as a PICU nurse where I met BFF Lindsay





I was in said BFF's wedding during the summer of 2011




I transferred departments, accepting a NICU position and fell in love with NICU nursing



I earned my Master's degree and taught BSN students at a local college



We got married!!



Can you spot BFF Lindsay??

...and honeymooned in Hawaii :)



Jonathon became a doctor!




I can't believe that what once seemed like a lifetime away from our family turned into a whirlwind 4 years.  So many blessings have come into our lives and I know new adventures await us in Philadelphia.  It's been real Vegas, we love you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment