Tuesday, May 10, 2011

How S met J

It all started in an elevator. I was in nursing school in Philadelphia at the time and Jonathon was working on his masters degree. We unknowingly lived in the same building and frequently passed each other on the street. One afternoon, I was on my way up to my apartment with my boyfriend at the time when Jonathon hopped in the elevator too. I introduced myself to him and we chatted for a minute before getting off at my floor. I honestly was just being friendly but ex-boyfriend got upset at me for flirting with another guy. Perhaps he saw something that Jonathon and I did not because shortly thereafter, ex-boyfriend became, well, ex.

Jonathon facebooked me a few weeks later and said he was going home for spring break but that we should hang out when he got back. We did. A lot. And we were strictly friends for awhile. A few months later we began dating and fell in love :)

A year into our relationship we both graduated and Jonathon got accepted into medical schools in California and Nevada, and was waitlisted at our first choice in Philly. Rather than riding the waitlist, Jonathon accepted the offer in Nevada and at the last minute (after accepting a job offer and then changing my mind!) I decided to move with him. Best. Decision. Ever. We have now been in Vegas for 3 years and Jonathon graduates from medical school next spring. It's been a long and crazy ride but I am thrilled to be marrying the love of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment