Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Winter Wedding

Our wedding is scheduled in January and every time I tell someone that, they look at my like I'm crazy. While we don't live in a snowy freezing environment, January certainly isn't wedding season in Las Vegas.

So why January? Jonathon has one month off in the next year. Based on our schedules and the fact that we are moving away next spring, we decided that January was the best time for us to get married. I can't say I grew up dreaming of getting married in the dead of winter, but I am enjoying the creativity of planning a unique wedding. I put together this little inspiration board to help depict what I am imagining:

Our colors are aqua and black. I am such a girly girl and always thought I'd have a very pink wedding, however I want to run with the "winter wedding" theme and pink is just not winter appropriate! My bridesmaids will wear short black cocktail dresses, each of them a little different from the others. I'm still trying to figure out the flower situation. I lovvvvve big fluffy flowers like peonies and ranunculous, but do we need to stick to all white? How do you incorporate color into flower arrangements when your colors are black and aqua??

No comments:

Post a Comment