Friday, October 14, 2011

bling.bling

I posted awhile back about my engagement ring and the wedding band that I had found to match after a lengthy and stressful search.  I literally went to like 5 stores, numerous times, to find the "perfect match".  I had a hard time matching the setting because my engagement ring has a thin band and most of the thin bands I looked at were not super exciting (ie sparkly and fantastic).  I originally thought I'd do a thin band of diamonds on each side of my engagements ring, but when I tried it on I felt like it took away from the solitaire.  I finally settled on a band and while I originally wanted more diamond, I though it fit perfectly with my ring.  This is what my engagement ring looked like with that band (which I purchased):


Fast forward about six months (to yesterday) when I was shopping at the mall with J.  We popped into Ben Bridge to have my engagement ring cleaned and that's when I happened to spot this lovely thing:

I literally died a little and was like "I NEED TO TRY THIS ON!"  I felt bad because I didn't want J to think I was trying to "upgrade" my ring, I just needed to see what it would look like on.  And then this happened:


It was literally stunning.  I told the lady at the store my sob story about how we had purchased a ring that I liked but that I NEEDED this ring.  The store policy is no exchanges after 90 days (which we had far surpassed) so after a few phone calls were made, everything was approved and this baby was going to be mine :)  We ran home to get wedding band #1 and made the exchange.  I freaking love Ben Bridge.  And I lovvvve my rings!!  I'm glad I only have to wait 3 more months to wear them together!

No comments:

Post a Comment