Monday, October 24, 2011

Philly Love

Philadelphia holds a special place in my heart.  I went to school there, J and I fell in love there, and after 3 years of living in Center City, we moved across the country and left it all behind.  My family all lives in the greater Philadelphia area and while I didn't necessarily love living downtown, it was a fantastic experience that left me with a lot of great memories.With our time in Vegas potentially coming to an end soon, we have started to wonder where we'll end up in 2012.  J starts interviewing for residency in a couple of weeks and has an opportunity to pursue a program in Philly.  There are other interviews he will be going on around the country, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't secretly hope we wind up back in Philly.

There is just something about this place that makes it unlike any other place I've lived before.

City Skyline

City Hall - I used to walk right past this gorgeous building everyday
South Street - home to the weirdest people you will ever meet.  Also a lot of boutiques, restaurants and tattoo/piercing shops 

LOVE Park
Christmas in Rittenhouse Square
Philly is home to the #1 children's hospital in the country! I doubt I will ever have a job I enjoy more than I did when I worked here. It truly is an amazing place.

The famous art museum
Kelly Drive - best place to run in the city (located directly behind the art museum)
 So we won't know where we are moving until February but for the time being I'm trying to keep an open mind about all of our options.  I hope this next move brings us closer to family and somewhere we can start a family of our own...and if that happens to be Philadelphia I think we will both be very excited :)

No comments:

Post a Comment