Thursday, October 20, 2011

so vain

This week I had the brilliant idea to get my teeth professionally whitened.  I failed to do any sort of research and decided I'd just wing it.  After working all last night and sleeping for about 3 hours, I went to the dentist to get Zoom whitening.

Prior to this I had only tried at home teeth whitening.  I did the Crest white strips and wasn't terribly impressed by the results.  So because I have no shame and ugly pictures are funny, here's the before and after...
BEFORE:

AFTER:

The process itself was ok.  It took 45 minutes broken down into three 15 minute sessions using the UV light.  It was only uncomfortable during the last 15 minute session but shortly after leaving the dentist my bottom teeth were THROBBING.  The pain has improved but I still feel quite sensitive and have been taking ibuprofen which helps.  Regardless, at this point I would recommend it if you can stomach the cost (it is usually around $400 but my dentist was having a special for $240)

And because I can't end this post looking all busted, I have to talk about our engagement photos which were taken last weekend!!  We still haven't seen them and are anxiously awaiting our photographer getting them edited and up on her website.  I tried fake eyelashes for the first time and they were surprisingly awesome.  They looked a lot more natural than I had anticipated and I decided that they were just so fabulous I need to wear them for wedding (which is exactly 3 months away!!)


Do you think they look real?

No comments:

Post a Comment