Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Invitations are out!!

The invitation fiasco is officially over.  Invites are out and now we officially have to hold a wedding on January 20th - no backing out now!  When J was away over the summer I looked into different invitation options.  Originally I bought a DIY package from Target, only to find onse I liked better at Joann Fabrics.  I later returned both and decided some things are better left to the professionals which brought me to WeddingPaperDivas.com. 


Omg people, this website is amazing.  Basically they have 198390824 templates that you can personalize to fit your wedding needs.  You can search different catagories, colors, theme or season.  I clicked through their blue invitations and also explored their winter wedding options.  I setteled on 5 and ordered samples.  I'm not going to lie, some of them were nicer/uglier in person so I would highly recommend ordering samples before placing an order.

We eventually narrowed it down to this baby :


It fit our theme, although we were not crazy about the red.  We were able to change all of the font to black (not an option on the website, however we requested this in our order and they were extremely accomodating).   Our invitations arrived literally less than a week later!  We ordered invites, response.menu cards and another plain card with directions. 



The pictures really dont do any of this justice.  We ordered 60 invitations with cooresponding response cards and shimmery lined envelopes (as well as 10 extras)  for $360 total.  We didn't really have a budget for invitations, but I thought that was a reasonable amount of money. 



No comments:

Post a Comment