Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Prep-tastic

The husband and I are both painfully preppy.  I spent my teen years in denim skirts and Abercrombie T-Shirts.  I discovered my love of pearls in college, and I still collect Vera Bradley accessories (and may or may not bring a Vera Bradley lunchbox with me to work every day....)  Consequently, I obsessed over Dawson's Creek and wore a lot of Tommy Girl.  Oh how I miss the late 90's...

My husband loves Ralph Lauren and has polos in nearly every color.  It's funny how he is so masculine and I'm a girly-girl, yet our styles are surprisingly similar.

I love masculine and feminine versions of the same preppy style.  Sperry's, for example, come in adorable His and Hers options:




And I love both the male and female prepster/boarding school look:





(ok, this is a bit extreme, but how pretty are they?!?)


So in honor of all things Preppy, here are a few things I am currently lusting over...

Vera Bradley - Accessories
(because when I said I loved this stuff in college, what I really meant was I'm still not over it :)

I wish this was my closet...

And for the record, I would LOVE this adorable apron.  Even if all I would do in it is order take out...


Betsey Johnson - Studs
*these ones are Lauren Conrad but very similar to Betsey Johnson's bow studs


Kate Spade - Everything!








No comments:

Post a Comment